Friday, October 12, 2012

Rocking Basket

I finally finished the liner for my rocking basket ... it only took, what?, two weeks?!



But it's done, and I'm pretty happy with it.  I first had the ties quite long and tied them in a bow, but .... too fussy.  So I cut them and just had this overlap cross on the sides instead.  Found two cute buttons in my button jar.


What I'm not happy with is the painted strawberries and daisies on the basket ... they're clashing with my polk-a-dots!  I need to paint the whole basket.  My husband, who does woodworking and has made some beautiful furniture for our home, is always aghast when I say I'm going to paint some wooden piece.  "Don't paint it!!", he'll exclaim.  He hates to see wood grain hidden under a coat of paint.  But seriously, this is just a basket made of pine, and I think I'll just give it a quick sand and paint it.  Maybe the same shade of green as the buttons.  I want to tack down the overlapping edges of the liner, but was waiting until I made up my mind about painting/not painting.  I think it'll look fresh if it's painted, and will show off the lining better :)

On another note, my son brought home an amazing sculpture today from high school that he made in welding class.  He has his own garden complete with pond (and fish!), and this will find a place somewhere there. 



I'm so pleased that he designed and made this completely on his own.  It's a great blue heron, which are common here, but are still a delight to see (except when they gobble up his fish!). 

Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I think his heron is amazing! How cool he made it in school and it is so well thought out. Let him know I think he did an outstanding job with this garden creation!

    Did you ever repaint your rocking basket?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...