Monday, December 01, 2014

Christmas Crafts

Cody told me today that he thought you might like to be reminded of a few Christmas crafts we've shown in the past.  I'm going to show the photo of the craft, and you can just click on the link to the post with the tutorials. 


Crystal Snowflakes are a very cool craft where you actually grow the crystals yourself by using Borax, found in the laundry detergent section of your local grocery store (unless you live in the UK where it apparently cannot be found at all).


Feather Globes is another pretty craft for all the bird lovers out there (me being one of them!).  This is a simple craft once you have collected a few feathers. You could even purchase the feathers from the craft store if you don't have a stash of your own.


This next Ice Pendant craft, can only be made if you have temperatures below freezing. We're flip-flopping between winter and autumn temperatures here, so I won't be making this one just yet! Filled with natural pinecones, twigs, acorn caps & berries, they turn out really pretty!


Speaking of pinecones, you might enjoy making one of these Pinecone Wreaths for your front door. They look wonderful and last for many years. If the natural look is not your style, the pinecones can be spray painted in any colour!


If you have some candles leftover from last year, they can be melted down to create new Candles. Using a waxed, cardboard milk carton, just tape all the seams of the carton with masking tape. Poke a small hole in the centre of the bottom of the carton and insert a wick through the hole and up inside the carton. Tape over the bottom end of the wick to hold it in place on the outside of the bottom of the carton (tape it really well). Then tape the top end of the wick around a pencil and rest the pencil over the top of the carton. Break up the old candles and put them in a clean tin can (squish the top rim of the tin can gently together to form a bit of a spout). Set the tin can in a saucepan of boiling water. Watch it carefully as the wax melts. Pour the melted wax into the milk carton and position the wick so that it's in the centre of the carton. Save a little wax to fill the divet that forms as the wax cools. Now let the candle cool overnight. When the candle is completely cool, peel away all the cardboard carton to reveal your lovely candle!


If you try any of these crafts and have any questions, just ask and I'll help you out.


















18 comments:

  1. All of your crafty makes are so great Wendy! I really like the ice pendant one. It would need to be very cold for us to make that one, but perhaps if the weather changes! In a way I hope that I can't make one if you know what I mean! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these crafts, so thank you for the reminders! It's nice to see Cody again too, what a beautiful dog. I hope you have a good week, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great way to share! I love the pinecone wreath. I get in a 'crafty' mood when December rolls around! Enjoy your week....don't work too hard! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all crafty ideas and I'm going to have to check out the crystal snowflakes using borax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are fantastic Wendy!!!! Yes I have pinned these!!! I need to get going with that ice one up there...the beans would LOVE it!!!! Thanks for sharing you...happy week! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas projects Wendy I love that wreath...if only I had the time. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic crafts !! thanks for sharing cause I see we're all crafting a lot this time of the year !!! Good luck for your kitchen .... have a lovely day !

    http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great craft projects, as I live in the UK the snowflake is out of the question but the ice pendant is fab and if we get cold weather would love to try!.XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely winter crafts, I like the ice one & the wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your ice snowflakes, they're so beautiful and your ice pendant is amazing! Hope you're well!! Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Wendy

    What a fabulous picture of Cody, my favourites are the acorn wreath and candles.
    Hugs to Cody.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome ideas-love the idea of feathers inside a glass ball, and love the ice ornament too
    Your kitchen is coming along nicely-you will love it when completed and forget about all the hard work-after a bit-enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've made the ice pendants in the past as a craft at Brownie camp. I love natural crafts and adding feathers to clear ornaments is a great way to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea Cody had! All of your Christmas crafts are very pretty, Wendy, and I especially love the pine cone wreath, just the way it is, au naturel. I hope your making progress with your kitchen; just read up on the details - wow! - 5 1/2 weeks. Kudos to you for all your patience and hard work!

    Have a wonderful week!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wendy , these are pretty projects for Christmas! I love the ornaments and wreath! Cody is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great craft ideas! Thanks so much sharing them. I might have overlooked it, but did you have a link to the pattern for the polar bear?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful projects, Wendy - I love them all! So pretty! Your dog is pretty, too - beautiful blue eyes. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pine-cone wreath. I guess I have a thing for pine-cones. Well, all thing of nature :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...