Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cabled Cushion Cover

While I've been away from the computer, I've been able to spend a bit more time working on some knitted projects. I really enjoyed getting back into some knitting. I made this with a worsted pure wool for a 15-inch pillow form.


For the back I did a simple basket weave pattern. I really like the overall texture of this pattern.


A row of vintage buttons finished it off nicely.


The pillow form is stuffed with feathers, so this makes a very squishy, comfortable cushion.


I'm sorry I've been away for so long, but there have been things changing here that are robbing me of blogging time. This isn't going to change anytime soon, so I'll see how I can manage to get in a few posts here and there. 

I've not been out to the marsh since my last post, but was a bit disappointed when I did visit. The birds seem to have gone elsewhere now that the warmer weather is bringing more people down to the marsh trail. I haven't seen the turkeys at all. The number of birds in my own yard has grown considerably with the return of redwing blackbirds, grackles and robins. I even saw a turkey vulture today which was nice. Although there are still pockets of snow in the shaded areas of my yard, for the most part it's melted away at long last! It was still quite cold this past week and only got to +2 today with a wickedly strong bitter wind. Another few days and we're into April and more warm weather will follow ... looking forward to getting the patio furniture back out and actually sitting outside again!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Wendy


24 comments:

  1. Welcome back...you've been missed.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis lovely to have you back, Wendy. Your cushion is fabulous. Love the cable and the brick pattern and that shade of green is gorgeous! The vintage buttons are a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your cushion cover. A nice St. Patrick's green! I don't blog everyday either. Just too time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hang in there my sweet friend! Been thinking about you. This cushion is gorgeous! I want to buy it from you!!!! And the buttons are the perfect touch! We will be here whenever you check in...you take care of you...Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cushion looks so comfortable. My family (and cat) would be fighting over who could use it

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cushion Wendy. Good to see you back here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cushion Wendy!!! I love the way that you say that you did the back in plain basketweave as though that is so simple - when really it isn't anything like simple!!! I hope that all will be well my dear, you know that I am here if you need me and am as always sending love and hugs and hoping that you are OK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so glad to see you back Wendy ! Your pillow is so beautiful ... Take care ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy! Been thinking of you and hoping all is well ...glad to see a post :)
    Still following owlcam? I have it on while I'm knitting. Love your very cozy cushion - isn't it satisfying when a project is pretty AND useful?
    And finished? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Wendy! I feel like making one myself after seeing yours!
    Blogging time can be hard to find, I found I was spending my spare time on Instagram instead of my blog or doing some knitting. As a result I've taken a fortnight break of Instagram to see if it was that which was effecting my blog, and surprisingly it is! I've got my blogging mojo back and have also been getting extra knitting done....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Wendy, I love your cute cushion cover. I really like the buttons and basketweave.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only do I love the pattern being different on either side and the vintage buttons but I LOVE the color. Beautiful. Our snow has melted although there are still flurries here and there. The sun is shining and daffodil shoots are getting bigger and I can see buds on trees. Hurry warmth! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love your pillow you knitted and love the color of it too! Have a nice day.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grrr, your knitting is fabulous, makes me want to learn how to do it. I can crochet, but not knit, not sure I can handle 2 needles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wendy, you knit beautifully, I love the basket weave side.
    here is hoping for a warmer weather!!! have a great day. -Gaia

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous cushion, love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty pillow. Sometimes life is just busy that way and we do what we gotta do. Take care! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi wendy love your cushion, my daughter and I went shopping the other day and saw some nearly identical and very expensive they were too! Sometimes life does get in the way, I hope all is ok, take care and just go with the flow. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cushion looks fantastic!! I am going to start my first cable knitting project soon, very excited. I am glad to hear that you still have birds visiting your garden. Take care and write when you can :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful work, Wendy, top notch! I like both patterns and the buttons are a wonderful finishing touch.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pillow is really beautiful, Wendy. I love that bright green shade. I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pillow cover is gorgeous! You must smile every time you look at it. :-)

    I hope the changes that are keeping you away from your blog are good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks perfect ... the kind of pillow/cushion you want to snug up to while reading, just to enjoy it's squishy support :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the cushion ...I bet it took quite a while to finish with all that detail ...love the colour too !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...