Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Rushed!

My apologies for not being around very much in these pages. I've been doing a lot of sewing and such, and have had to watch my computer time very closely! Even my morning walks have been limited so that I can continue with my projects. I did snap a few pictures one morning with the frost gilding all the fallen leaves. Our weather has still not produced any snow ... well any that will stick to the ground. I'm okay with that for now though. I don't like to worry about highway driving on top of all the other Christmas stuff.


The sewing has been for Christmas presents, so I can't even show you what I've been working on. I will show what I made after Christmas though.


I thought I'd just pop in quickly this morning to say I'm still here. I've been reading as many blogs as I can, but don't always have time to leave a comment, for which I apologize. I hope everyone is having fun days as we head into the Christmas season. 

This week I'll have to drag my decorations out and get the house in order. Everyone on my street has so many lights on their houses and in their yards! I don't have any outdoor lights any more. I try to put things up that I can do from our big step ladder and that's it! We can only get lights across our roof line if we climb on the roof as our ladder doesn't reach ... and then they remain up there far longer than I like! I hate seeing neglected Christmas lights and decorations in late January and February.

My family did our annual big Christmas shop in downtown Toronto this past Saturday. Canadians have now adopted the American tradition of Black Friday for an excuse to rally the crowds to come shopping and hopefully pick up some bargains. We make sure we arrive at the Eaton's Centre pretty much at the opening hour and shop until lunchtime. The mall isn't very crowded until after lunch ... and then the shoppers are packed in the hallways like sardines!! We've been doing this shopping excursion since our oldest child was about two and I worked downtown. The kids really like the day, and my daughter came home specially to come with us. We won't see her again until Christmas Eve.

Anyway, enough prattling on and on! I have more items to get in the mail this week for my dear brother on the far side of Canada (hi Joe!!), and some cards to get out for my tea & card exchange (hello ladies!!). Once these things are out, I can enjoy the decorating part and will hopefully be here a bit more!

Thanks for stopping by!

Wendy





16 comments:

  1. Hello, it is nice to hear from you again.. I am glad all is well and you are keeping busy! Lovely images. I skip the Black Friday shopping, I do not like crowds of people. I guess I should get my act together and start decorating too. Take care and have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Wendy, I always enjoy your posts and photos--when I was young at home still we all took the train into chicago-and shopped-but mostly went to enjoy the huge window displays and go out to eat at our favorite place-always goood memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand about pictures, I'm crocheting gifts and I can't show them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling rushed here too! I mailed off my swaps and other goodies today along with overseas cards and gifts, just the UK cards to send, I was glad to see things heading off so I can concentrate on other things now. Like the rest of the gift shopping and wrapping for family! Hope that you get all sorted and are less rushed soon! I will e-mail to catch up later in the week, but all is good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Black Friday is big here, too. I like your crunchy leaves pictures, so different from here where all is sodden and slippery. Enjoy the crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm mailing things today and tomorrow. A little bit each day will get the job done. I have one batch of cookie dough made and will bake them this afternoon when I get back from school. Most sewing and crafting here can't be shown yet, either. There will be few posts in January, I hope, when we get to see what you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Wendy, I love those photos of the leaves. I to am just getting over hosting Thanksgiving and did a little decorating inside me house. Still need to do more shopping, wrapping, put up the tree and do Christmas cards. Boy I'm tired just thinking of everything. Take care and have a nice week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, the rush begins and a wave back from me Wendy. I'm not baking as much as I did in previous years because we go to our daughter's for Christmas so just a few things for afternoon tea.
    You were brave to tackle the Eaton's Centre for Black Friday shopping, it must have been a madhouse. I'm really liking on-line shopping whenever possible but don't have many to buy more any way.
    Take time for you to sit and have a cup of tea now and then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beautiful photos! Wendy, you're so talented. I look forward to seeing what you made after Christmas. We don't light our house all over anymore, either. It's just too hard to get to the top of a three story house for us now...too dangerous, also! I leave my inside decorations up until the middle of February, when I switch them out for the spring/summer things, but outside things are down right after New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts on Christmas trees and lights were radically transformed last year, when I was trying to get the porch project finished in December. I suddenly decided to put up a tree on Christmas Eve, and it was so beautiful and inspiring I then kept it up for weeks. It was an uplifting treat for me, to see the colored lights glowing through the porch windows when I was trudging through the snowy chores every evening.
    I may put up a string of lights outside on my birthday (the 12th, so still a lot closer to Christmas) but I'm going to try to hold off on a tree until Christmas Eve again this year, and then keep it as long as possible. I think even people who see it from the road might enjoy the sight of a few colored lights appearing on a dark hillside. And if not, well, it's not like I'm spotlighting a plastic Santa and sleigh on my roof in February :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely crunchy, scrunchy leaves Wendy. I am looking forward to seeing your sewing exploits after Christmas. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we are all in busy mode this time of the year! Nice that you are giving handmade items for Christmas! It will be fun to see all of your handi work! Interesting to read that Black Friday has spread to Canada! I try to stay away from all shopping that day! lol.. Take care!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty scenes, Wendy. It's totally understandable about being busy! Looking forward to seeing what you have created for your lucky gift recipients. Nice holiday tradition to all go shopping together. Hope you find some peaceful moments to enjoy a cup of tea or cocoa and enjoy the season. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the photos of the frost-kissed leaves. It's great that you were able to go out even though it is for a short time. I always enjoy reading your posts and looking at the photos. Enjoy the season :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wendy I think we are all very rushed at this time of the year, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have been making. I'm trying to finish some Christmas gifts and have hardly had a moment to read anyone's blog never mind leave a comment. We should just chill and eat cake and let it all happen around us, haha if only. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Leaves may be like snow flakes - no two are the same.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...