Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Tea Cup & Mug Exchange - Fall Edition



http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.ca/2016/11/9th-tea-cup-and-mug-exchange-reveal.html


I joined Stephanie of The Enchanting Rose for her very special Tea Cup & Mug Exchange again this fall. This is the second time I've participated in this fun exchange. Thank you so much Stephanie for hosting! 

What's not to love about this exchange. You get to collect together a mug or teacup and some goodies to send to a new friend, and you in turn receive something from another. This fall I was given the name of Andrea of Saskatchewan to send a mug. Andrea has a beautiful blog My Everything Corner and I quickly looked her up and read quite a few of her posts to get to know her a little bit more. Since it was close to Thanksgiving here, and the fact that she made a note that she "loves pumpkins", my task was a relatively simple one. Here's a sneak peak of what I sent to Andrea, although you can visit her to see more.


When my own parcel arrived in the mail, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was sent from Stephanie herself! I was quite honoured to have received the package from the organizer of this well-run exchange. The box was beautifully put together, even on the outside! When you receive something that has been packaged so creatively, you know there are going to be good things inside :)



There were lots of pretty details throughout with the packaging and the gifts themselves. There was a predominant theme of autumn in everything that Stephanie sent. There was even maple leaf and pumpkin confetti sprinkled generously inside the box ... so cute! Every time I pulled another item out of the box, a flutter of confetti came out as well :) 

As you most likely know Stephanie does some beautiful sewing, and I was so very, very happy to receive some of her handmade items. First were her signature teacup coasters in fall colours ...


I love all the special details Stephanie adds to the smallest of items. Don't you love that lace and those yo-yo flowers with pretty button centres?

Next an adorable mug rug with a beautiful little pocket  holding a vintage serviette and a packet of green tea.


A close-up of the shabby flower ... can you see 3:00?
This is my friend Judith's afternoon tea time ... "always make time for tea", says Judith ... 
seeing this clock made me smile :)


Isn't the serviette so delicate? I love vintage things, particularly linens.


Look how prettily this tea towel was wrapped!


When opened up, it's a very generous size of thick cotton. I do quite a bit hand washing with my favourite dishes (I have quite a few dishes that just don't belong in the dishwasher), 
so this will come in very handy.


Beautiful sunflower details and brown rick-rack ribbon across the bottom.
It's more fun to dry dishes with something pretty, don't you think?


And a tea wallet! 
These come in so handy when you visit someone's house where tea is not 
the hot drink of choice (or you just want to bring your favourite tea with you!).
It's so beautifully made! I love your work Stephanie ;)
And look at the details of pretty ribbon and yo-yo flower ... lovely.



Inside are lots of lace (beautiful lace!) pockets to store your favourite tea 
... mine being Earl Grey.


The personal card from Stephanie had a recipe on the back for cinnamon rolls, which I will be trying sometime soon (yummy cinnamon!). The card came together with a matching recipe card for me to write a special recipe on it. I'm still thinking of which recipe to choose, and then I'll put it in my recipe box.


... again, it's the details that I loved ...


But it wasn't all handmade items. Here is a beautiful pumpkin plate that we used for our Thanksgiving dinner. I had made a pumpkin pie for dessert, but added some cookies to the table as well using this plate. It got lots of comments!


Isn't it pretty? I love that shade of green.
Some of the cookies I served at Thanksgiving were also provided by Stephanie!


Inside the paper bag were packets of more Earl Grey tea ... yummmm!


Here's the pumpkin pie I made ;)


Stephanie also sent these two beautiful decorative pumpkins ... so adorable!


I added them to my pumpkin display on a small side table for Thanksgiving dinner.
All these pumpkins have been gracing our kitchen table since then.

The beautiful glass pumpkin was a birthday gift from my daughter this year.

And last but definitely not least, is the adorable mug! 
I'm glad that owls are so popular lately because I have always loved owls, 
and now I see them everywhere!


Isn't he sweet?


And on the reverse side are some sunny sunflowers!
A beautiful mug for fall :)



Once again, thank you so much for everything Stephanie! 
I was quite in awe of all that you sent my way!
Everything is beautiful and very much appreciated!

Be sure to stop by The Enchanting Rose 
to see what others have been sending through the mail for this exciting exchange.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Wendy

the whole kit and kaboodle












45 comments:

  1. Lucky you, what beautiful gifts you've received. And you're right, it's the small details that make things so special. I like the little leaves you added to your pumpkin pie, do you have a leaf cutter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, bless you, sweet Wendy, for writing such a beautiful, heartfelt post. It was my joy and pleasure to send you a package...I had great fun putting everything to together. How I would love to sit down with you to enjoy a cup of tea and sweet fellowship!

    Your pie looked scrumptious and the little leaves are darling! Pumpkin pie with whipped cream is a favorite of mine {{smiles}}

    Thanks again for joining the fun. And thank you for the beautiful bookmark. I love using it because every time I open my book I think of you and your sweet friendship.

    Hugs, joy, and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful exchange gift,, so much care and thought went into this, its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all set for fall. I love owls, too. So many pretty handmade items. Stephanie is very talented. Lovely gifts. Have a great week and enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you hit the jackpot. What a great surprise. I didn't get to join this year, brain overload. I have enjoyed seeing what everyone is receiving though. Stephanie out did herself. But then with her you don't expect anything else. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so delicate and pretty. And the owl on the mug looks just ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. What a beautiful package of gifts you received in the teacup exchange! It all looks so sweet. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your package, Stephanie really wowed you. The fall mug is just fabulous. Your pie looks both beautiful and yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous things Wendy I love them all but that mug and those little pumpkins are lovely, your pie looks yummy I've never eaten pumpkin pie I could just try a slice right now. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just hear your squeal of delight to receive a package from our precious Stephanie... having been on the receiving end of thoughtful little packages as we have communicated through the years, her talented hands prepare such loving delights! The fall/Thanksgiving themed box was perfect for you to celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada! Enjoying the tea partying today, happy to have met you in my travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soon you'll have a whole collection of owl mugs - how sweet is that! Now you have no excuse not to remember tea at three Wendy. Love all the goodies from Stephanie, she was thoughtfully generous.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful, fun autumn package. You were certainly blessed. That owl mug is just so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, these are just wonderful, Wendy! Stephanie is such a talented seamstress - everything is just so sweet and perfect. Love it all. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are neat to have sent along!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing fall-themed package! Stephanie definitely spoiled you. I've always admired her handmade crafts and I'm loving the owl mug and green pumpkin plate. I'll have to remember your love of Earl Grey and owls...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! What a lovely package filled with all kinds of wonderful goodies. Stephanie does such a wonderful job of making everything so special and adding so many pretty little details. I love to receive handmade goodies to remember the sender by. What a cheerful and lovely gift for you.
    Your pumpkin pie looks so delicious and festive. And I didn't know Judith kept a strict 3 pm teatime. What a great idea.
    xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stephanie is a great hostess for the teacup exchange and a generous participant as well. What a lovely parcel to receive in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many cute things. What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! What wonderful treasures, all!

    We are so blessed Stephanie works so hard to bring joy to so many! The friendships formed - to me- is the greatest gift of all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my!!!! What a wonderful package to receive!! I am just enthralled with it all! It must have felt like Christmas morning when you saw all of this! So thankful you were so abundantly blessed. Thank you for your sweet comment and visit to my blog. I am following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always love seeing what everyone gets and gives... So much fun!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Wendy, such a lovely gift package.
    Everything is beautiful and I love the theme for Fall. Owls have become quite popular and they are do adorable.
    Stephanie does such a lovely job with all her creations, such detail.

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Wendy, such a lovely gift package.
    Everything is beautiful and I love the theme for Fall. Owls have become quite popular and they are do adorable.
    Stephanie does such a lovely job with all her creations, such detail.

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an amazing package, all beautiful and so generous. I love all the tiny details on everything Stephane has made, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lot of wonderful, thoughtful gifts you received in your package. Spying the packet of Pepperidge Farm cookies took my right back to when we lived in the States. I loved their cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stephanie done a wonderful job at preparing such a lovely gift for you. WOW! I love it all and that Owl Mug is too cute. I have so enjoyed this tea party and meeting so many new friends. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my, soooo many beautiful treasures Stephanie gifted you. All are perfect for you, Wendy. The owl mug is very cute. So many lovely pretty details within your package of loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness Wendy, you were certainly given such wonderful treasures from our dear, sweet hostess! I just love each and every special gift that Stephanie made and bought for you. She puts such thought into everything that she does. Aren't we blessed by her teacup/mug exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow lucky you! I participated in that exchange a few years ago, Stephanie out did herself-she makes beautiful things-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Wendy, Your gifts from Stephanie are beautiful. What a darling owl mug to go with all your pretties. Each gift so special. Stephanie is such a blessing to all and once again she pulled together a fabulous exchange bringing so many new friends together. Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. So nice to meet you and I've enjoyed my visit here and now a new follower too. Have fun visiting the reveals. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Wendy,
    What a beautiful package full of pretty things from Stephanie!!! I have a couple of her wallets as well as her sweet teacup coasters...They're so pretty!!! Love your owl mug too!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment! Enjoy your new treasures!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  32. That was so much fun, seeing a sneak peek of the very mug I'm holding!!! I love it.

    And that is a wonderful owl mug. I also adore those tea cup coasters. I think I'll have to take a closer look at those, and then go take a look at my scrap fabrics. I'm feeling inspired. I usually do when I visit Stephanie!

    Have a great day!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wendy, wow! You really got some wonderful gifts and treasures in your package, didn't you?? I adore your little owl mug. An owl is on our family crest, so all of us have collected owls from as long as I can remember. I adore a good owl find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good Afternoon Wendy!
    So fun to see what treats you all send one another. The owl mug is so adorable, it makes me smile.
    How fun to receive these goodies in the mail!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wasn't that the best exchange! I love all the surprises you received! Can't wait until Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Wendy - your parcel was lovely, I'm not surprised you are over the moon. I'm going to comeback and checkout your blog again soon - I can see you keep pretty busy!

    Best wishes

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wendy, truly a brimming full treasure chest from our delightful host! I'm.oved every item, and mostly I loved how much you loved them!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your tea exchange gift pkg. was just wonderful, so many lovely goodies, and how neat that you had dear Stephanie as the one who sent you your pkg. Her hand sewn pieces are always lovely. She is quite talented in many areas.

    Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW...that was some package of great treasures! Stephanie was so generous. It was a nice swap!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a fab parcel of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  41. My goodness! What delightful exchange gifts you received! The teacup exchange was such great fun, wasn't it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow...what a fabulous package of truly gorgeous treats. xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello, what a great package and wonderful treats. I love the cute owl mug, coasters and the mug rug is adorable. The teacup exchange looks like fun! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Wendy, wow I love everything you received from the exchange. I hope you enjoy it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh my goodness - what a box of pure perfection!! And it couldn't have been sent to a more perfect sweet Friend. ;)

    Blessings Wendy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...