Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Finger Puppets

I made up some little felt Halloween finger puppets for some little kiddies I know.  A nice hand sewing and embroidery to cure these dull drizzly days.



Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, it looks like Halloween is going to be a particularly spooky night here ... wet, windy and wild ...


It'll soon be time to ignite the pumpkin:


Here's our messy pumpkin that no one was willing to touch!


blech ...

And now for something completely different.

I veered from my course of making continuous hexagons (continuous?!), and made some pentagons instead!  And once you start making pentagons ... well, you just can't stop. 


Except you cannot join penties the same as you can hexies and expect them to lie flat.  So you end up making these:




It's not perfectly round (lumpy stuffing job), and I know my stitches aren't supposed to show (according to all the instruction books I've read), but it's either my eyesight or just my sewing, but there they are for all the world to see.  The Great Ball of Pentagon is complete.

Have a Happy Halloween tonight, whether you're trick or treating, or maybe just dishing out the treats.  Enjoy!

Wendy


8 comments:

  1. These balls are cute! Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy , love the pumpkin baby that's so funny......
    Great little finger puppets too. I find a bit of hand stitching very therapeutic and relaxing.....
    Love the fabrics you used for the pentagon balls too, they have come together very nicely.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I've been making the finger puppets for years - also used as pencil toppers. I thought the ball (it's actually 2 views of the same ball) looked very 1970s with the 'country' fabric, but I didn't want to waste anything good on an experiment. Wendy

      Delete
  3. finger puppets, totally perfect,
    love the pooping pumpkin baby too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by! I'll admit the pumpkins are not our own design, we got them from a crazy book "Extreme Halloween", but lots of fun to do! :) Wendy

      Delete
  4. Oh my word, so much crafty goodness here. And such humour! Pumpkin baby cracks me up. So does the cigar smoking one. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think the parents appreciated pumpkin baby more than the kids! Wendy

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...